Humphry Repton: in Buckinghamshire and Beyond
Our recent publication presents the fruits of our ground-breaking Research and Recording Project on the work of Humphry Repton in historic Buckinghamshire.
The book includes essays on Repton in Bucks and his links further afield, based on our research, followed by a gazetteer providing detailed analysis for each of the 15 sites that have previously been associated with Repton in historic Bucks (to include Milton Keynes and Slough districts). We have reluctantly concluded that in fact Repton was probably not associated with three of these sites.
Forward: David Gladstone, Bucks GT Patron
- Humphry Repton — The Man and His Career, by Mick Thompson and Sarah Rutherford
- The World of Humphry Repton — Economy and Society, by Roderick Floud
- Pursuing Repton in Buckinghamshire, by Sarah Rutherford
- So Just What Did Repton Do in Buckinghamshire, by Sarah Rutherford
- Patronage and Politics, by Jonathan Lovie
- Repton Beyond the Boundaries, by Jonathan Lovie
- The German Connection, by Claire de Carles
- Overview of Sites Associated with Repton, by Sarah Rutherford
- Ashridge House, by Mick Thompson
- Bulstrode Park, by Jill Stansfield and Gill Grocott
- Chalfont Lodge and Chalfont House, by Claire de Carle
- Gayhurst Park, by Sarah Tricks
- Hanslope Park, by Gill Grocott and Jill Stansfield
- Lamport Manor, by Mick Thompson and Ken Edwards
- Medmenham Abbey and Danesfield House, by Claire de Carle
- Shardeloes, by Wallace Wormley
- Stoke Farm, by Claire de Carle
- Stoke Park, by Mary Buckle and Sheila Meekums
- Taplow Lodge, by Claire de Carle
- Tyringham Park, by Clare Butler and Claire de Carle
- West Wycombe Park, by Gwen Miles
- Wilton Park, by Clare Butler and Claire de Carle
- Wycombe Abbey, by Gwen Miles
160 pages, with 80 full colour illustrations
We are grateful to our Patron, David Gladstone of Wotton House, for his endorsement of this publication.
To obtain a copy please send a cheque for £23.50 (includes post and packing) made payable to Bucks Gardens Trust,
to: Rosemary Jury, 11 Fledglings Walk, Winslow, Bucks, MK18 3QU.