In Charity’s 30th Birthday Year
The Parks Trust, the self-financing charity that looks after more than 6,000 acres of parkland in Milton Keynes, has been chosen to host BBC Radio 4’s iconic show, Gardener’s Question Time, on Tuesday 9th August 2022.
Gardener’s Question Time first went on air in 1947 and has since become a national institution that attracts two million listeners every week.
Audience members who are lucky enough to secure a ticket will have the chance to submit their questions to a celebrated panel of gardening experts during the recording of two episodes.
In the past, the show has been broadcast from 10 Downing Street, at the top of Mount Snowdon and inside Buckingham Palace!
Commenting on the news, Chief Executive of The Parks Trust, Victoria Miles, said: “We are thrilled that everybody’s favourite gardening show is coming to Milton Keynes. What an honour for the city and for our charity in its 30th year! I know that our residents will bring their enormous passion for green spaces, gardening and the environment to the recording, and put our beautiful local landscapes even more firmly on the map. We have booked The Chrysalis Theatre at Camphill Community as the venue for the recording and really welcome the opportunity to support this fantastic organisation.”
Seats are limited and expected to sell out very quickly. Advance booking is essential. Tickets cost £4.50 each and include a glass of wine or hot drink.
They go on sale from noon today, 14th July 2022, at www.theparkstrust.com/GQT
Full event details:
- Venue: The Chrysalis Theatre, Camphill Milton Keynes Community, Japonica Lane, Milton Keynes
- Date: Tuesday 9th August 2022
- Doors at 5pm. Recording at 6pm. Ends at 8pm.
- Strictly age 10 years + and all under 18s must be accompanied by an adult
- Maximum of two tickets per person booking
- Unfortunately, latecomers cannot be admitted
- The recording will run for two hours and there will not be an interval